When I was pregnant with Abbey, Jeff and I went to Yellowstone for a weekend of snowmobiling with family. I couldn't snowmobile because of the pregnancy and spent a lot of time in a local Bookstore/Cafe. It was a great place to be because I love books and it smelled of fresh bread, coffee, and homemade soup. Well, one morning I was browsing and saw a blank book (blue butterfly one) and decided to start writing about my pregnancy. So, I bought the book, sat down with a bowl of incredible, hot soup and began writing. And I found myself writing to the baby. So, I have continued to write to each one of my girls and I am so grateful for that time in that little Cafe! This has been my way of keeping the moments...you know, those moments when you just can't believe how lucky you are to have such a miracle of a child. I write down their little sayings, gestures, and little things they do that make them so unique. I love to go back and read and relive. When the girls are older I will give them each their moments and hope they will mean as much to them as they do to me.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Keeping the Moments
When I was pregnant with Abbey, Jeff and I went to Yellowstone for a weekend of snowmobiling with family. I couldn't snowmobile because of the pregnancy and spent a lot of time in a local Bookstore/Cafe. It was a great place to be because I love books and it smelled of fresh bread, coffee, and homemade soup. Well, one morning I was browsing and saw a blank book (blue butterfly one) and decided to start writing about my pregnancy. So, I bought the book, sat down with a bowl of incredible, hot soup and began writing. And I found myself writing to the baby. So, I have continued to write to each one of my girls and I am so grateful for that time in that little Cafe! This has been my way of keeping the moments...you know, those moments when you just can't believe how lucky you are to have such a miracle of a child. I write down their little sayings, gestures, and little things they do that make them so unique. I love to go back and read and relive. When the girls are older I will give them each their moments and hope they will mean as much to them as they do to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Your such a good Mom. Your girls are going to cherish those notebooks. Time goes by so fast and it's easy to get caught up in the mundane day to day stuff and forget to take in the special moments. Thosee books are so valuable.
I love that you have done this for all your girls. I started with Phoenix and slowly got out of the habit. That is why I started my blog...with the hope that I would have some record of the funny little things they do.
What and awesome mom you are!
Your girls will love those books! You think you will always remember all the funny, sweet, and not so funny things they do but it is amazing how much you forget.
My kids love to hear about when they were babies and what funny things they did. I just heard Nhaya telling a friend the other day that I bled for 90 days after I had her. LOVELY Memory I guess :)
Sweet post, good reminder about using the days wisely!
Post a Comment