Monday, September 1, 2008

32

Tonight, sometime around 11 p.m. I will turn a number that is greater than the number of days in any month. Say what? I don't know why I thought of that...but 32 is just sounding OLD! So, here goes...something little or big for each year of my life thus far:

1 I was walking.
2 Potty trained (very important).
3 Attended a parent co-op preschool in the basement of a Lutheran Church.
4 Living in Univerity Village in Salt Lake...my best friend's name was Ian.
5 Moved to my home in Hyde Park.
6 Started 1st grade at North Park Elementary...where I now teach!
7 In my first journal, I wrote a history of the five cats I had up to this point. It appears that cats were very important to me at this age!
8 I was baptized by my dad.
9 I was a GIRL SCOUT and my mom was one of my leaders. I sold a TON of cookies!
10 I was in 5th grade and Emily Larsen was my best friend. We were inseperable that year.
11 My sister, Annika, was born. I was so excited to have a sister!
12 I started swimming on the Top Gun Swim team.
13 I was "going with" a boy named Trevor and it's just about all my journal talks about.
14 I thought Jon Bon Jovi was hot. I started 9th grade and the Sky View Swim Team.
15 My family went on a trip to the Redwoods in California. That place is amazing and still stands out in my mind. Best friends with Sasha. Oh! And 1st kiss...Shad Roghaar!
16 I started Lifeguarding, along with swimming on the swim team and teaching lessons. Swimming was pretty much my life. I also sat next to Jeff in a Seminary class (when we both actually attended). Who would of thought that cute boy was who I'd later marry!?!?
17 Family vacation to Hawaii...way fun! Senior year of high school. Girl's Captain of the swim team. That summer went to a gig with Charie and Danette...who became forever friends.
18 1st year of college, moved out into first apartment. Worked in Glacier National Park, Montana for a summer.
19 Lived in the house in the island..GREAT TIMES! Jeff came home from his mission in Jan. and in June we Got ENGAGED!!!!!
20 MARRIED on Sept. 20th (after turning 20 on the 1st). Accepted into the Elementary Ed. program at USU. We built our first house, lived in it for short time and sold it!
21 Jeff and I went to Hawaii...so fun! I graduated.
22 I had my first teaching job in Brigham City...4th grade!
23 Our beautiful first daughter Abbey was born!!!!! We moved to St. George where I taught 2nd grade.
24 We were back in Cache Valley (it's so home for us) and I started teaching part time at River Heights in 5th grade.
25 Our beautiful Jessi was born!!!!!
26 The year of Abbey and dresses. She wouldn't wear anything but dresses!
27 Jessi went through a Snow White phase. She wore the dress up EVERYWHERE! Girls rock!
28 Moved into an apartment while building our house. What a long summer that was, the girls and I spent as much as possible outside!
29 Moved into our house in N. Logan...still LOVE it! Went on 1st cruise.
30 Our beautiful Cassidy was born!!!!! Had our 10 year anniversary.
31 Changed schools...now teach closer to home.
32 ...awesome husband and three amazing girls...life couldn't get any better!

9 comments:

bj+anne+brody+macie+lucy+ellie said...

you are not old...seriously. You are experienced. I like to look at it that way. I want to be as wise as possible and wisdom only increases with the years you gain.

Danette said...

Your first Kiss was Shad! Hee Hee!
Happy Birthday to you! I hope you are having fun celebrating 32. It's a good place to be in life not too old not too young. I loved this post and the history thanks for sharing it.

Brigitte Ballard said...

I agree with Danette!

Happy Birthday Girl!

Rosanne said...

That was so fun to read! I remember so much of what you said. I have known you for such a long time, lucky me! I hope you had a fantastic birthday!!!

Jamie Younker said...

So fun to read! Sara I was thinking about your birthday on Monday and totally forgot to call you. You know I love ya right? :) I laughed sooo hard about your little crush on Bon Jovi. And it's like you had your first kiss at age 15! (okay I can't tease you. I was a whole year older. LoL) Anyway, happy birthday! And thanks for the fun post!

Roxanne said...

I know how you feel. Truning 30 was rough for me. I love this post...I also laughed about the first kiss. Have a fun Birthday!

angie said...

Hey! I'm glad you found my blog. It looks like everything is going well for your beautiful family. Your girls are darling! So, go North Park! I remember walking those halls as a child. What a fun place to teach! I will have to add you to my bloglist and check back often. Tell Jeff "hello". Steve will have to go Jeeping with him the next time we are up in Cache Valley! I loved your birthday post. Hope you had a good number 32. If it makes you feel any better, I will be 33 in November! Also, Shad was a great guy. You couldn't have picked a better first kiss :)

Avry said...

Happy Belated Sara! We need to get together sometime soon!

angie said...

Jeff totally should have gone to Moab with the guys! Does he still talk to Justin a lot? Next time! And yes, I am all for the wives going also!