I love the garden...it's so fun to watch things grow and get to eat them!
This year we are growing:
corn (we freeze and eat all year)
green beans (we bottle and eat all year)
peas (we eat straight out of the garden...Abbey loves these)
onions, potatoes, and spaghetti squash (we put in cold storage, they last for months)
carrots
cabbage (we have one plant that Abbey brought home from school-we'll see how it does)
zucchini (we freeze and make bread)
pumpkins (this year only mini...the deer keep taking bites out of the big ones)
peppers (we freeze these diced and sliced)
tomatoes (YUM!)
raspeberries (we make jam and freeze some...SO GOOD!)
5 comments:
Your garden is HUGE. I love how weed free it is as well. This year I decided to have a garden at my moms house. There is soooo much morning glory that I fear it will kill all my plants.
that garden is beautiful and it is huge how lucky are you guys all those veggies sound so good. So, who does all the back breaking weeding? We have an itty bitty garden in what used to be a sand box before we bought the house. Radishes, spinach, and lettuce are our specialties
The weeding? We are doing a lot better with it this year than last year. The rows are planted far enough apart for the tiller to go in between. Jeff does that. And then we both pitch in with the weeding around the plants. It's a lot of work...but actually quite enjoyable. Gardens are good for the soul!
yes they are soul reviving. I wanted to say I like the new background on the site looks good
OHHH AHHHH I love it! I am so envious of all the stuff you can grow and eat. Someday someday....
We just ate our first good squash today and it was SOOO good. ALso our tomatoes tasted so great even the kids liked them...I guess that is what happens when produce is fresh and has real flavor.
I am super impressed with all your storing and usage too!
Post a Comment