Monday, June 2, 2008

Just Jumpin

Abbey is on a jump rope team. They're called Just Jumpin and are the only competitive and performing team in Utah. Here are a few clips of her routines. One of them is her "single" which she performs on her own during the show. The other two are routines that go along with music...Bongo...and Cotton Eyed Joe. I will try to get a recording of her the next time the team performs. It's fun to watch them all in action!


7 comments:

Brigitte Ballard said...

I am honestly out of breath watching her. WOW. Tell her how cool I think she is... really cool. I can jump, but not like that.

Unknown said...

Wow that takes a lot of coordination looks like fun and a good way to burn off some energy She is really good

Roxanne said...

Wow! That was amazing. It looks like she has put in a lot of work and time into that. It makes me tired just watching it. I bet she gets a good workout. Really cool!

Hey I have been meaning to reply to your running questions. It sounds like you are getting a good routine. I think three days of running a week is plenty if you just want to maintain a base and then add cross-training in on the other days. It all depends on what you are working towards. Do you want to up your miles/distance, run faster, or just maintain? Once things start to feel easy and not much of a workout you will have to mix it up. If it is challenging then just keep on going. I am glad you are liking it. I miss running so bad it is killing me. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jamie Younker said...

I'm so impressed! Look at her go! She's really gotten good!

Kyle said...

AWESOME!!!! I'm going to show Aubrey and I'm sure she's going to be studying those moves. She's always trying to be creative with her jumprope, but she's never seen anything like this before!

Leslie said...

Abbey that was so cool!!! i could never do that that well!!! p.s. i am you're pen pal! Bailey

ps you should come to germany and teach me!

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

WHOA! That is amazing! Really I don't think I was expecting to be that cool and involved for a 6 year old when you were telling me about it. I have got to get the kids to watch. So cool. I would love to get them into something like that if they had it here.