Tuesday, June 10, 2008

City of Rocks






Sunday morning, we woke up to a lot of quiet with Abbey and Jessi gone to my parents for a sleepover. Jeff and I decided it was a road trip day. So, we hopped in the car with Cassidy and drove out to the City of Rocks. It is a National Reserve in Idaho and really cool! It looks like someone took some GIANT rocks and just randomly plopped them down. There were a lot of climbers that were fun to watch. A great way to spend a relaxing day.

6 comments:

Brigitte Ballard said...

I've never been there. I should totally go with my kids.

Roxanne said...

I am glad you got to visit City of Rocks. It is not too far from us... in fact we were planning to go there next weekend. I am glad you had a nice relaxing day.

Danette said...

sounds like a good adventure. I've been into doing the little one day or weekend discovery trips. (Inspired by my sister.) I should put that place on the list. I remember going on a geology field trip up to that area and what a cool landscape it was.

Kyle said...

Wow!! So cool...

Jamie Younker said...

I've never been there. Looks so cool! And how fun for you to have such a quiet relaxing day! :)

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

Great pictures! We need some of you and Jeff together :)