Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring Break...San Diego

The Top Ten of our Trip:

Top 8 AMAZINGLY FUN things we did:

#1 The Beach

Who doesn't love the beach? And the weather was incredible for us the entire trip. The girls even jumped in the COLD water...it was too fun to resist!





#2 LegoLand

This was definitely a highlight. Abbey and Jessi were the perfect ages for this place and had a total blast. The day was so much fun. It was cool to see so many things made out of legos!!! And the rides were fantastic.






#3 Sea World
It's an awesome place. This turned into a FANTASTIC day for Jeff, Abbey, and Jessi. Abbey even got to be a helper in one of the shows and shook hands with a huge sea lion.

#4 The Airplanes
This was the first time in an airplane that Abbey and Jessi can remember. They thought it was awesome. We had quite the landing coming home and were bouncing all over the place. Two boys in the row behind us, about Abbey and Jessi's ages were throwing up! My Girls...were giggling and laughing and saying, "Woo hoo! This is almost as fun as the roller coasters at Legoland and Sea World!" And Cassie slept through the whole landing experience!

#5 The Pool (Hotel)



#6 Wild Animal Park
This turned into a fun morning even though we were all a little worn out from the previous two days of nonstop walking (Sea World and Legoland). We decided to keep this one short and do a few hours right at the beginning of the day, which was just right.





#7 Tijuana, Mexico
Jeff and Abbey went for one afternoon while Jessi, Cassie and I played at the pool. It turned into a great adventure for Jeff and Abbey. They almost had to wait 4 hours in a line to get back into the United States...but lucked out and ended up paying a guy to drive them to the front of the line and through the border in @ 20 min. Abbey even did a little shopping and bargained for a necklace and a couple of little wooden toy turtles.

Top 1 Not So Amazingly Fun thing:

#1 Cassidy was throwing up the first night and threw up at the entrance of Sea World. I ended up spending the day at the hotel with her while Jeff took the other two to Sea World for the day. They did end up having a great time and Cassidy's bug only lasted that day...so that was a good thing. BUT we have no pictures of Sea World BECAUSE I had the camera at the hotel!

Top 1 "You did what? On vacation?":

#1 Laundry...yep. Good thing the hotel had a laundromat. I ended up doing laundry because of the throwing up. :)

Top 1 Most Amazingly Fun Thing:

#1 Spending Time Together as a family. I'm so lucky to have three such amazing, adorable girls and one incredibly awesome husband!!!!

3 comments:

Brigitte Ballard said...

I loved So Cal when I went there last year. My kids loved it too.

Glad to know you had a fun tine.

Jamie Younker said...

Sounds like such a fun vacation, and I love the pictures. You guys are the cutest family!

p.s. Legoland looks stinkin' cool!

Danette said...

Look like fun makes me excited to take future family trips like that with our wee one. You must have been lovin all the warm sunshine and time in the pool and beach. Man I want a vacation!