I have a really big love/hate relationship with running. And today I just LOVED it. Probably had something to do with the sunshine and being able to run outside. I'm lucky to live where it is so gorgeous outside! The treadmill is convenient, especially with kids, but outside is so much better!!! So, here are the five things that help me keep running and even enjoy it sometimes!
1. ENERGY: I feel a ton better when I run.
2. ROUTINE: I've found a routine that works for me. I run on Sun. Mon. Wed. and Fri. Four times a week is just right and I don't get burned out. Plus my muscles have the off days to rest. And Sat. are usually a ski day right now.
3. IPOD: How did anyone ever exercise without an ipod??!!!?!
4. MILES: I'm at 3 right now and it feels just right. We'll see if I go for more...
5. WEIGHT: I put some pants on the other day that I hadn't worn in awhile and they are loose! Abbey said I needed a belt and I told her, "I KNOW, isn't it awesome?" I also eat a lot better when I'm running, which is helping with the weight thing.
So there you go. I'm on my 9th week and hoping to really stick with it for a very long time. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Nice Sara so glad you are enjoying it. I keep telling myself I need to motivate I have such a love hate relationship with almost any workout. I tried to go the other day. I was totally put off by the traffic, road kill, and lack of stamina. I'll have to try again soon.
Way to go!
I am with you on all that! I wish I was close enough to go running with you. That would be so fun. I love having my friends to run with, they are the best motivation. Isn't that the best feeling in the world to need to wear a belt. I loved having to go buy new pants, cause everything I had fell off. Way to go, and keep it up! I think you are doing awesome!
Good job, Sara! Keep up the running. I think I have just a hate relationship with running. I tried to get back into it last Summer, but I never got to the point that I loved it.
My sister was raving to me this weekend about what a great teacher you are. She feels so blessed to have you teach Ethan. He has not had a good teacher yet in his schooling. They love you!!
I am so proud of you! Thanks for the pointers! I am going to try to follow in your footsteps! You rock!
It was so good to see you. It makes me remember all the good times and want many more memories with you!
You're an inspiration :)
Thanks for sending me that cursive paper by the way! I really appreciate it! Guess what- I've got all my sub plans done! WAHOO!
Post a Comment