A few highlights: (though I have to say it was all so incredible!)
* The city of Chefchaouen was my favorite hang out place. The city was painted blue and white and had an awesome quaint feel to it. We hiked to an ancient spanish mosque and visited a really cool cemetery.
* Visitng an actual Berber home and seeing how they live. We learned how to make their mint tea and ate breakfast in their home.
* The main square in Marrakech. Snake charmers, drummers, a ton of people, great food...
* Riding a camel and swimming under a waterall after a long, hot hike.
* The Alahmbra in Granada. We stood in the same room that Colombus discussed his voyage to the Indies with King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella. That was incredible.
* We visited several Royal Palaces from the 14th and 15th centuries.
* Shopping, especially in Morocco, was really fun! We caught on to the bargaining and hopefully actually got some great deals.
* Listening to Annika speaking in Spanish in Spain and Keli speaking French in Morocco. Thank goodness for those two!
* The tannery in Fez was a really quick visit and a great site!
* Spending the time with my awesome sister and sister in law. We had such a great time together.






The tannery in Fez.

The blue walls in Chefchaouen.
9 comments:
Holy cow, Sara! What a fun trip. That would be so much fun to do it with just girls as well. What an adventure!!
Wow I am jealous that looks like such an awesome trip! I am glad you had the opportunity to go. I enjoyed seeing your pictures & would love to see more! we need to get together so we can hear more about it. :)
Getting away from the family and having an amazing adventure is just priceless. It makes you see the world in a different way, and makes you enjoy your kids and husband even more. I plan on going on these types of trips every few years.
I can't wait to see more photos! You will need to at least put them online so we can all see. I would love to visit Spain. I was born in Seville, but have not been back since then. On of my uncles also lives in Morocco for at least 6 months a year. I should go over with him.
That sounds like an amazing trip! I can't wait to hear more about it in person. Bring pictures to show in Park City.
I'm green with envy. Literally! What an AWESOME summer you've had! Are you ready to go back to school? Cause I'm sure not! I don't even feel like I've had a summer vacation yet! Oh well, I supposed I'm never ready to go back, but I always love it once I get there.
Your pictures are SO great! I love love love the one of you three in the waterfall and the one on the donkeys. Priceless. I'm so glad you got to have some "YOU" time. You deserve it!
Jamie! Those are camels, not donkeys! :)
Looks like you had such a fun time. I would love to see your other pictures. Lucky girl! Glad you made it home!
Wow Sara! What a cool part of the world to see. Sounds like so much fun! Chefchaouen sounds amazing. I love the picture of the three of you in the waterfall. So fun and I am so jealous.
No doubt Danette. It is hard not to be envious of the adventures and time to be with sisters. That is awesome! All the pictures were amazing. I would like to see more too. YOu should put them on picasa or flicker so we can see them. Or we will just have to have a viewing party or something :)
Sad I don't get to see you today!
Post a Comment