Thursday, August 20, 2009

School!

Sweet! Back to school night and the 1st day of school are over. Now on with another fun-filled year with second graders! My class is awesome this year! I probably say that every year...but really, they were so much fun today. Such cute kids! It's one of my favorite ages to teach.
Picture of the morning of the first day. Cassie had to have her little backpack on, too!
Abbey and Jessi both had terrific days today. Abbey has Mr. Hult and is so excited about it! I've heard really great things about him. And Jessi has Mrs. Checketts who is a total and complete sweetheart and amazing teacher! So, I'm hoping for awesome years for both of them. Cassie has been loving being back at "Julie's house" (her babysitter). I think she actually missed being there and playing with the other kids and Julie!

We are happy to start getting back into the school/and work for me..routine around here! Oh! And to top of the 1st day back, we just picked our corn and bagged 65 bags to freeze! The corn is soooo yummy this year.

Hope everyone else is enjoying the back to school season as much as we are!
Cheers!
Sara

5 comments:

Avry said...

Sounds like it went smoothly for you! Our back to school night was last night & first day is Monday. I am not familiar with any of the kids teachers this year. But hopefully we will like all of them.

angie said...

I love Pat Checketts! She is such a sweet heart! I hope you have a great year!

Jamie Younker said...

Glad the beginning of the school year was awesome. Mine was pretty good too. I had a question for you though- about the reading program you used to have parents use in the morning when they came to volunteer.... There were little books with questions at the end or something. Anyway- I'll probably call you later. :)

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

I imagine you are one of the teachers that are most sought after. All of the kids parents are writing on their blogs about how happy they are that their kid has Mrs. Coleman!

Your kids are so cute!

Rosanne said...

Cute picture of the girls! I love that Cassie thinks she is so grown up. I hope you have a great year. I am sure you are the best teacher around. Your students are lucky!