Saturday, May 30, 2009

Things on My Mind

Three and 1/2 days of school left!!! This is always an up and down time for me. I get so excited for the summer months of playing with my girls and at the same time a little sad to send my school kids on to the next grade. My 2nd graders this year are AWESOME!! I am soooo going to miss every one of them. At the same time, I am ready...BRING ON THE SUMMER!

Madrid, SPAIN Yes, really, Spain! I'm going in July for 10 days to meet my sister, Annika. She left the other day to go to school and I will be joining her after to travel! Just me! SWEET!!! Anyone been there that has some tips?

Potty Training I think Cassie just may be ready. We'll find out in a few weeks! I'm trying to remember exactly how to go about this...

Running and Weight I am in an awesome running routine and was doing so well with weight loss...then kind of got in a rut. I'm still running and am now determined to get back on with the weight thing until I hit my goal.

Flower Pots I have two barrels out front to fill and really need to get on it! Can't decide what to plant in them this year.

Cinnamon Bears They're in the kitchen, and I swear, they're calling my name...this may have something to do with the weight thing. :)

Have a nice weekend!

6 comments:

Miss ~E said...

MADRID! That will be awesome! I can totally see how you are pulled in 2 directions with the end of the School year. I am sure you students just love you! enjoy the next 3.5 days!~E

Jennifer said...

Cinnamon Bears are fat free... so enjoy! That's awesome that you are going on a trip to Spain!!!

angie said...

Spain would be amazing! Never been,but I have a neighbor who is from there. I will ask her if there are things you have to see and do. I know her whole family is going for three weeks this summer. What a fun adventure you will have, Sara!

I know Ethan is going to miss you as a teacher. I have heard nothing but good things from Cami. Enjoy your break!!

Danette said...

Spain!!! That is awesome. I'm so jealous of you right now. If I were going to Spain I would head to Barcelona and check out Casa Batllo by Gaudi. Or anything built by Gaudi for that matter. It's on my top ten of things I would like to see. Here is a wiki link for you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casa_Batll%C3%B3

It is awesome you are running! I can't stick with it. I just ate three choc/chip peanut butter cookies so I'm no help in the sweet tooth department.

I just showed Gary what flowers I wanted in the pots and he did it all for me. What a guy. I think he just likes playing in the dirt. Try that out with Jeff he seems to like dirt. err Maybe..

Avry said...

Yep, next time you plan a trip to Spain add me to the list of going with you. That is awesome! Soak it all in you deserve it!

I love running- very therapeautic for me. Although I battle horrible shin splints and the arthritis in my knees if I run on the road therefore I do a lot of my running on a treadmill. We are doing a 5K tomorrow I am pretty excited about it!
I can only imagine what a bittersweet feeling it is at the end of every school year. Enjoy your summer with the girls though!

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

What you are going to Spain. How cool is that!

Cinnamon Bears??? not even tempting...how about some good old fattening chocolate?! My personal weakness! I am with you on the stuck in a rut. I am doing really well at maintaining... HAA HAA might have something to do with chocolate chips and peanut butter in the pantry.

We need to get together someday. Miss you!