Saturday, May 23, 2009

Catching up!

I've been slacking on posting, but here I go with an update...

Garden is all planted (last week). The corn and beans are now peeking through. I hope we have a good year! We're trying strawberries and green onions for the first time this year.


Jessi's birthday is coming up and her present arrived early (a new mountain bike). She's so excited because it is pink!!! The girls have been riding and having a great time!

Abbey ran in the Greenville Mile at her school and did a great job! It's fun to have such an active kid who loves to run! Look how short she is next to her friends. :)

Today, we went to the Farmer's Market, a Saturday favorite around here, and the girls got their faces painted. We were lucky to have our cousin Maddy and her mom Paula here for a couple of days.

And we played at the park.

Last night we had an awesome dinner of grilled chicken and dutch oven potatoes and then had a fire with Smores!


Jeff got the train out and it was a hit, of course! The girls had a blast riding around in it.

The three oldest even tried a campout in the tent in the backyard but were woken up by major wind at about 1 a.m. and ended up spreading out on the living room floor! Fun weekend already and we still get two more days. Sweet!

4 comments:

bj+anne+brody+macie+lucy+ellie said...

I have been wondering when we would get an update. I am sad we aren't there to participate in the bbq/dutch oven yum yum.

angie said...

Looks like you are full swing into Summer! Your garden is big! Good luck with the growing season...I know it will all turn out delicious! Beautiful girls!!

Avry said...

Holy garden!! That is huge! Who keeps it weeded for you? ;)

I want to come hang out at your house! It looks like you are having a lot of fun. Love the train did Jeff make that out of barrells of some sort?

Brigitte Ballard said...

Let me know how the strawberries work. I really want to plant some, but do not know much about them.