Friday, July 11, 2008

"Climbey" the Squirrel...and GREEN Drink

We went to Mack Park in Smithfield today and played and had lunch. But the great entertainment ended up being this little squirrel (at least for Jessi and Cassie). He kept climbing up trees and running and jumping from one tree to another. He'd even let the girls get a pretty close look. Jessi named him Climbey and she was completely enthralled the entire time...she even cried when Climbey left!



Yep...it's SPINACH! I saw this on Jennifer's blog and decided we just had to at least try it...and guess what? The kids loved it! I didn't tell them what made it green, of course! Here is the recipe if you want to give it a shot:

1 Cup Fresh Spinach
1 Ripe Banana
3/4 Cup pineapple (about half the can with no added sugar)
pineapple juice (I just drain it from the can)
1 cup of ice

Blend until smooth...YUM!

4 comments:

Brigitte Ballard said...

Yuk... I mean Yum. We really do need to get together and do lunch. I know I'll see you on Friday, but when would you like to do lunch?

Kyle said...

Yay! I'm glad you tried it! I wasn't sure how the measurements would turn out because I never measure, but it looks good from here!

Danette said...

Oooh Mack Park. What a great place. Do they still have all the trails on the hill? I loved that park when I was a kid. We will have to give the spinach drink a try as long as we don't look like Popeye after wards with bulging fore arms and such.

Rosanne said...

I tried the green drink! It was really good. Tyler tried it and liked it as well, but Kayli wouldn't even try it. Thanks for sharing!