Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Day on Beaver Mountain

What a totally "awesome" day (as Jessi would say). We went up skiing today and it was so much fun. Abbey and Jessi can't get enough. They are in a two week break from their lessons and both were so disappointed when they didn't get to go up last Saturday. So today my mom offered to watch Cassidy and my dad, Annika, Abbey, Jessi, and I went up for the day. When we got up there, they were having a race. Abbey immediately wanted to sign up. It was great watching her!

Jessi is all speed. I actually heard people commenting as she went flying by, "Holy Cow! Look at that little girl go!" A few times I'd ask her to slow down a little and turn more...she'd just look at me and say, "But mom, it's FUN going FAST!!!" At least she wears a helmet...

So, I'm really looking forward to next Saturday when I get to spend another day on the mountain with Danette, Gary, Brigitte, and Max and our kids! More fun memories!!!

2 comments:

Danette said...

I'm so glad your girls are loving skiing. Some kids can't take the cold or work it takes to learn. You are making it fun and exciting for them. I'm so excited for next weekend can't wait to see everyone.

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

I am so jealous even though I can't ski worth a lick...and broke my tailbone last time I boarded :) How fun for all of you guys to get together!

I would love to see the speedster on the mountain :)