Sunday, May 19, 2013

14! Abbey

It is crazy to me that Abbey has turned 14. The years really do go by so fast!! She is such an awesome girl and I'm so, so lucky to be her mom. Here are a few thoughts about Abbey and some pictures from the last year...
The oldest she was meant to be. She is an amazing big sister. I can leave the twins with her and feel completely at ease, she is so good with them. Jessi and Cassie look up to her so much and really just adore her, even when driving each other crazy. She will be an incredible mom someday.

School is an area where she really does well. She has straight A's. We keep teasing her that it really is ok to get an A-. :)

Creativity is her middle name. Not really, but it could be! I love this part of Abbey so much! She isn't afraid to just go for it and try new things whether creating, sewing, cooking...and she has a total knack for it!

She adores Jeff. They are so much alike in so many ways. They have had some great trips together where that bond has really grown. It is a relationship that I think they will both really cherish.

No isn't a word she even really acknowledges. Abbey will usually find a way to get what she wants. While this is totally annoying sometimes as a parent, it is kind of cool. Don't worry though, we have told her no and made it stick... :)

Adventurous! Whether canyoneering, hiking, biking, or going on trips...she's game! Abbey is also very active. She enjoys soccer and skiing. Really anything that keeps her moving.

Something that I have no idea where she got it from is her sense of style. She is fantastic at doing her hair and I don't even mind that she wears make-up because she does such a good job with it. Shopping with her is actually kind of refreshing because she can zero in on what she wants so quickly and finds such cute stuff!

Little kids are drawn to her. Part of this I'm sure is how she is so good with her sisters, but other little kids just love her! It's really fun how quickly they are drawn to her and want to stay with her. She can make them laugh and feel completely comfortable with her.

We love you Abs!!!!!








2 comments:

Rosanne said...

That was all so sweet what you said about Abbey. She is such a beautiful girl. I adore her!

Grandma Janet said...

This is such a fantastic tribute to Abbey from her mother. I hope Abbey will copy it and save it forever. Everything you said is so true. Abbey is a very, very special young lady. Not only is she beautiful on the outside, but beautiful on the inside. She will go far in life. We are lucky to have her in our family.
Sara, you are also special for writing this and sharing your thoughts about Abbey with the rest of us. Wonderful Mother and Daughter!!!