Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Trip East

Jeff and I were able to take a trip for a week with just us! It was so fun to get away and see so many new things. We started out in Boston and did the Freedom Trail. That was incredible. I have read the books, 1776 and John Adams, by David McCullough and it was amazing to see some of the places talked about in the books. I can't even express how cool it was to be there.
After Boston, we headed up the Maine coast and drove through the little coastal towns. It was beautiful. I would love to go back and take the kids there sometime and stay right on the beach.
From Maine, we went and spent two nights on Cape Cod in a Bed and Breakfast...which turned out to be an experience all on its own! We didn't imagine that breakfast could be a 4 course and 2 hour affair! It was crazy. We spent a day on Martha's Vineyard where we rented a scooter and explored the island. They were having a shark catching contest and we were able to watch the fishermen come into the harbor with sharks to be weighed.
Then, we headed to Newport and saw the huge mansions and did a coastal walk. Gorgeous coast! Next, was Providence, Rhode Island and we flew home from there. Here are a few pictures from the trip...

Jeff on the coastal walk in Newport...he doesn't like getting his picture taken, so I got one of the back of him! :) Cute butt, though!

Replica of the Mayflower in Plymouth.

I loved all of the lighthouses!

Cheers in Boston...had to see that, of course!

4 comments:

Avry said...

What a fun trip! It is so nice to get away without kids! Looks absolutely beautiful!

Danette said...

Looks like a great trip. We are going to explore the coast of Maine as well in September. Did you stop and eat some Lobsta? Let me know if you found any special spots we should check out. Must have been so nice for you two to have a whole week sans kids. :)

Rosanne said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I would love to go out there someday. I am glad you had a great time and got to see some awesome sights. Plus a little break from your kiddos. You'll have to show me more pics when I come up there.

Angie said...

Sounds like an amazing vacation! I would love to travel those areas some day. CHEERS!