Monday, December 3, 2007

A Few Jessi Stories

For those of you who don't know Jessi, she is the funniest kid ever. She is always saying things that are so serious and make so much sense to her and are just funny to everyone else. Jessi thinks EVERYTHING should be fun (and why not, I guess!).

Here are a few recent Jessi stories: (With Jessi's permission to tell)

Yesterday in primary we were sitting in Reverence time. It came time for the birthday song for a birthday during the week. The boy went to the front and the singing leader stood up to lead the song. There was a pause while the piano player was looking for the right page and we heard this little voice call out, "Hit It!" right before the song started. Practically the whole primary was laughing through most of the song. That's our Jessi!

Later that night we had tithing settlements. Our family is sitting in the bishop's office and Jessi was squirming around on her chair while we were talking with the bishop. She leaned up and whispered to me, "Mom, What are we supposed to do? Answer questions or something?" The bishop had been asking the normal, "Have you paid a full tithing?" etc. So I said to Jessi, "Yes, sit down and listen quietly." A little bit later she leans up and whispers, "Mom, I don't really like to talk to people I don't know that good." I told her that was okay, she only had to listen. A few minutes go by, and during all of this time the bishop is talking to Jeff, Abbey, and I. Jessi pulls her chair right up to the bishops desk directly in front of him. She then places both elbows on the edge of his desk and with her face propped up on her hands and she sat, staring up at him, and waited for the bishop to pay attention to her. When he finally looked down, she said, "I need you to ask me some easier questions!"

Then, when we were walking out the door, Jessi pull me down and says, "Mom, that was so boring!"

2 comments:

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

I loved reading this! It made me laugh so hard. I actually read it some days ago (while nursing what else :) but didn't have free hands to type a comment. I like Jessi's spunk. I think Evie is going to be our spunk.

Jamie Younker said...

What an awesome story! Love it! Jessi is so funny... she has such a cute personality.